With the recent emergence of Fashion Island Hotel from the former Island Hotel, the coastal property has bolstered its alignment with enduring Orange County icon, Fashion Island – an upscale shopping destination and experiential lifestyle center in the heart of Newport Beach. Fashion Island Hotel’s Oak Grill and Aqua Lounge are introducing new, sophisticated cocktails to reflect the property’s refreshed personality. Both new cocktail lists give a nod to iconic symbols in pop culture from fashion designers and musicians to songs, classic films and indulgent perfumes.
Oak Grill – an airy, light-filled restaurant featuring a 2,100-square-foot deck for al fresco dining – will offer drinks including:
- Bidi Bidi Bom Bom – Espolon Tequila Blanco, lime juice, agave, Liquid Alchemist Ginger, Mezcal Smoke. This tequila-based cocktail has been created to honor singer/songwriter Selena [Quintanilla-Pérez] after her top hit with the same name. Selena was known to love margaritas.
- James Dean – Knob Creek Rye Whiskey, Walnut Bitters, Disaronno, orange twist. Whiskey cocktail made in honor of legendary movie star and known whiskey drinker, James Dean.
- Candle in the Wind – Absolut Lime Vodka, Liquid Alchemist Ginger, lime juice, clover honey. Named for the song by Elton John, originally written to honor Marilyn Monroe and rewritten as a tribute to beloved international fashion icon Princess Diana upon her death in 1997.
- The Boss – Ketel One Citroen, lime juice, simple syrup, blackberries. A new classic, this clean, refreshing cocktail is named after fashion designer Hugo Boss.
- Boy George – Ketel One Citroen, Cointreau, simple syrup, mint. Named after the effervescent English lead singer of pop band Culture Club, Boy George. This visually inspired, sweet as pie cocktail has a ton of flair and served over a cotton candy ball.
- Dior – Plymouth Gin, lime juice, simple syrup, mint. Named after fashion designer Christian Dior and his sophisticated fragrance line, this cocktail has a clean and crisp finish.
Aqua Lounge boasts a 360-degree bar that is already highly renowned for its interactive mixology format. New Aqua Lounge cocktails include:
- Coco No. 5 – Nolet’s Gin, lime juice, simple syrup, raspberries, dehydrated lemon wheel garnish. Named after Coco Chanel’s famed Chanel No. 5 fragrance, this elegant, raspberry-colored cocktail is an instant classic.
- Pear-a-Dise – Grey Goose La Poire Vodka, lime juice, clover honey, mint, sparkling wine. A nod to the paradise that is Newport Beach.
- Flower Bomb – Grey Goose Vodka, Ju Passion Fruit, lime juice, agave, Combier Pamplemousse Rose. This lively and colorful cocktail with passion fruit aromas is named after the perfume by Viktor & Rolf.
- Infante – El Silencio Mezcal, lime juice, Liquid Alchemist Almond, nutmeg. Named after Pedro Infante, hailed as one of the greatest actors of the Golden Age of Mexican cinema.
- Beetle Juice – Old Forester Bourbon, lemon juice, blackberries, sage, Giffard Muroise du Val de Loire. Named after the cult classic Tim Burton fantasy film, this drink has a deep purple hue.
- Sassy Lopez – Corralejo Tequila Blanco, lime juice, agave, strawberries, basil. An homage to superstar Jennifer Lopez, this tequila-based drink brings the attitude.
Gerard Widder, general manager of the 295-room hotel, says Fashion Island is an iconic example of Newport Beach culture, attitude and lifestyle. “Further incorporating ‘fashion’ and all things style into the beverage programs at beloved institutions Oak Grill and Aqua Lounge serves to reinforce the unique synergy between the hotel and Fashion Island, which is just steps away from the property.”