We’ve waited a long time. Twelve years to be exact for the peeps at LA WineFest to bring their magic to the OC. We couldn’t be more excited to taste all the wonders of the wine world in one place at the OC WineFest on November 4-5 at the beautiful A Stone’s Throw Winery in San Juan Capistrano. The roster of wineries sharing tastes with attendees is like a who’s who of SoCal wines. There’s also breweries, lifestyle booths, and some tasty food trucks in the mix. The inaugural OC WineFest will partner with the charity The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society where they will raise money at a special benefit dinner on Friday November 3rd.
Here are the Top 5 Wines we are most excited to taste at this year’s OC WineFest:
- A Stone’s Throw Winery – this winery at Hamilton Oaks sits on three acres and still has the original cutting brought by two of the priests coming to the Mission San Juan Capistrano. The winery is hosting the OC WineFest on its beautiful grounds. We can’t wait to taste the offerings from this historic property which also hosts weddings and special events.
- Bubble Trouble – One of our favorite stops at any wine festival is whoever is serving up Champagne or Sparkling Wine. Champs is our thing and we are lucky OC WineFest already has this figured out. South Coast Winery is one of our favorite local wineries from Temecula. We are simply mad about their Extra Dry Sparkling wine and their Ruby
Cuvee. They even have a Gewürztraminer Sparkling wine that has a unique and refreshing taste. Wilson Creek Winery will also be serving up their many flavorful sparkling wines that include Coconut, Vanilla, and Almond. One sparkling wine company we haven’t yet tried, but are excited to taste at this year’s OC WineFest is from Vina Simpatico. They have a sparkling red, sparkling white, and a sparkling violet (a pink wine with hints of berries).
- Color Wine – This wine company out of Newport Beach features a simple selection of an award-winning California Chardonnay, California Red Blend, and California Rosé. The bottles’ labels feature scenes of California life, and the waxy bottle top looks like candle wax or pastel paint dripping down the neck of the bottle.
- Moobuzz Wines – This California wine is sourced off the Pacific in the Central Coast and produces Chardonnay, a 92 point Pinot Noir, and their newly released Grenache Syrah Mourvedre. They describe their wines as whimsically elegant and deliciously seductive. We’re sold!
- PB Importers – We’re world travelers so of course we are excited to try our first taste of Hungarian wine. Pall/Bergsten Importers are distributors of the finest Hungarian wines. They’ll be serving up pours from wine families that have been producing wine for over 700 years. This is the type of wine they would drink in castles and other Game of Thrones type settings. We can’t wait to try their Cabernet Franc and more obscure varietals like Bikaver and Kekfrankos.
We’re also looking forward to checking out some of the lifestyle booths like Bad Pickle Tees (you know those Oh Kale Yeah tees), samples from Confectious Pastry Shop , and handcrafted sea salts from the Laguna Salt Company. Food will be available from Cousins Maine Lobster, Bear Fish Flag, and Vivace Pizza to soak up all the wine. Don’t forget to get your brew on. Breweries like Lagunitas Brewing Co. and Newport Beach Brewing Co. will be on hand to serve up some beer.