One of our very favorite food festivals of the year is no doubt The Taste LA. Even without the incredible food and inspiring cocktails, frolicking around the venue itself, the Paramount Studios backlot is worth the price of a ticket.
This year, over Labor Day weekend, the best chefs in Los Angeles are brought together to give us the festival of the season – wine tasting, cocktails, chef demos, and over 100 restaurants to sample their best dishes all in one place.
There’s so much to see and taste over the three days, here are the Top 5 Things We Can’t Wait For.
- Saturday’s Field to Fork is one of The Taste LA’s day events happening from 12 noon to 3pm and it’s going to feature some of our LA faves. We’re looking forward to the cooking demo by chef Sang Yoon from Father’s Office – I mean come on, those burgers are the best! Other bites we are looking to try include Astro Doughnuts & Fried Chicken, Cheezus, M Cafe, The Wallace, and Restauration.
- Saturday night’s Dinner with a Twist event is being held from 7:30pm-10:30pm and will feature some impressive Mixologists from the top restaurants and bars in Los Angeles. They’ll be setting up shop on the Bar Stage to show us how to craft that perfect cocktail. Restaurants we can’t wait to take bites from include Beauty & Essex, Faith & Flower. Mr. Chow Beverly Hills, and Baltaire.
- Sunday Funday is sure to rock the backlot of Paramount Studios for The Taste LA’s Sunday Block Party from 12 noon to 3pm. Here, attendees will be able to learn about sparkling wine on the Bar Stage and watch a Biscuit demonstration by David LeFevre of Manhattan Beach’s Post restaurant. We can’t wait to sip cocktails from Avion Tequila and Layer Cake wines and dive mouth first into bites from Slapfish, Shake Shack, Dog Haus, and the Butcher’s Daughter.
- Sunday Night don’t miss The Flavors of LA, the event that will close out the food-filled weekend. Actor and Trejo’s Taco founder Danny Trejo will be on hand to answer questions in a live interview with LA Times editor Jonathan Gold. Skyy Vodka, Exotico Tequila, and Disaronno will be pouring cocktails to cool you off from the summer heat. Restaurants serving their best bites include Ford’s Filling Station, Pizzeria Mozza, Same Same, and The Beverly Hilton.
- The Green Room. For an extra add on to your regularly priced ticket, you get access to the VIP Green Room where you get free parking inside the Paramount Studio gates, access to furnished lounge during event, a special hot sauce tasting by Gilbert Cetina Jr. of Holbox, and specialty cocktails provided by Knob Creek.
Visit The Taste LA for tickets.