Toes in the sand, drinks in our hand…. the much anticipated Pacific Wine & Food Classic is Aug 19 and 20 in beautiful Newport Beach. For two days attendees can wine & dine and wine some more with over 100 restaurant and cocktail offerings from across Orange County. The event is bringing in some heavy talent with host, Food Network star Simon Majumdar and Top Chef contestants Brian Malarkey and Brian Huskey, owner of Corona del Mar’s Tackle Box.
Throughout the weekend there will be live culinary demonstrations from some of your favorite local chefs including Chef Arthur Ortiz of Skyloft and Chef Cathy Pavlos of Provenance. We can’t wait to see what they cook up!
Here are our Top 5 Must Tastes at PWFC 2017:
- Patron in the VIP lounge. The PWFF is 1 of 27 locations where you can be a groupie at the Patron Summer Cocktail Tour. One of their stops will be the VIP area of the Pacific Wine & Food Classic where they will be whipping up some of their famous handcrafted cocktails as well as cool summer desserts like Patron-infused popsicles and and Patron-infused ice cream sandwiches.
- The Infiniti Lounge will feature a one-stop nosh with a Melissa’s Produce salsa bar, lick summer flavors with Mangiamo gelato, a Baja Shellfish Farms fresh shellfish bar, and Bluewater Grill coriander crusted ahi.
- The Wine. Of course, this is our jam. And what better wine to clink glasses to than Chloe wines, Sterling Vineyards, Josh Cellars, and Ferrari Carrano. Also can’t wait to taste actress Diane Keaton’s wine, The Keaton which will be pouring at the event.
- Live Music by talented musicians will accompany your favorite sips and bites while you overlook the Newport Dunes and listen to some breezy, jazzy, and funky tunes.
- Live Culinary Demo Stage. What better way to learn to cook like the masters than watching them live. These demos are like mini Christmas gifts that keep on giving. Not only do you get to see your favorite chefs cook live, share their techniques, and their favorite summer dish, but there are opportunities to meet the chef afterwords and taste the goods. We’re looking forward to Chef Linda Johnson showing us how to make her summer appetizer, salmon cheesecake and Chef Geeta making her watermelon curry.
Tickets are $150 for single day and $250 for two-day general admission. VIP tickets are $200 for single day and $350 for two-day admission. Purchase of VIP ticket grants one hour early admission, access to the Grassy VIP lounge overlooking the bay that will serve special bites and Patrón handcrafted cocktails. Visit www.pacificwineandfoodclassic.com for tickets.
Limited time only use code 50 to receive $50 off any ticket.