Spring is finally here and it’s time to embrace everything new and in bloom, including the flowering new culinary additions at Five Crowns Restaurant in Corona del Mar.
Dining at Five Crowns is like falling into a warm, cozy hug, but with a large plate of delicious food and a few too many cocktails (not complaining!). At a recent tasting event, we were lucky enough to meet the talent behind the upscale, yet down-to-earth dining experience and sample some of the many new delicacies that are springing forward on the new seasonal menu.
Here are our Top 5 Faves for Spring at Five Crowns:
- The enigmatic cocktails, The Spiritual Gangster and Leche Libre, which taste like Spring just blossomed on our lips is the product of talented head mixologist, Randy Thais. The key to great spring cocktails? Using farm fresh ingredients like lemon, lavender, mint, and cucumber to give the drink a light, fresh, and aromatic flavor.
- The assortment of local cheeses and flavorful meats on their charcuterie board to happily ease you into dinner paired with a nice glass of Malbec. The flavors are rich and bold and we mostly love that the cheeses are sourced from local California farms and chosen personally by Tracy Nelson, Five Crowns’ resident sommelier.
- The Burrata with roasted spring onion, tomato vinaigrette, and bread crumbs is a bite of pure bliss and the perfect appetizer. If we had nothing else, we would have been perfectly at peace with this Burrata. It was the perfect marriage of cheese and tomato with a kick of onion to disrupt the poetic flow in a tasty way. This is a must to order before any entree and even better if shared.
- Chef Steve Kling has too many entrees we’re obsessing over to keep in the Top 5 so we’re going to have to lump them into 1. The Morel Mushroom Risotto with Pea Tendrils and Parmesan, the Pan Roasted Halibut with French Green Beans, Cauliflower Puree, and Lemon Capers, and finally the Octopus which our tastebuds could not get enough of. Each was prepared to perfection and left us feeling like the menu was complete. A menu for all tastes and moods.
- The Panna Cotta. We are not normally Panna Cotta girls, in fact if we saw it on a menu, we would probably avoid it. However the chef has found a way to create the absolute perfect consistency so it holds infinite flavor all while softly drowning in sweet, fresh strawberries. The Chef makes us believers again!
Five Crowns is located 3801 E. Coast Hwy, Corona del Mar, CA 92625. Call 949-760-0331 for reservations.