Cozy sweaters, tall boots, warm scarves are all things we love about fall, but when it comes to taste and feeling all the flavors of autumn on your palate, it just doesn’t get much better than the healthy and fresh fare at True Food Kitchen.
At a recent tasting of their new seasonal Fall menu, we indulged in healthy, yet hearty delights such as Charred Cauliflower, Butternut Squash Pizza, and Roasted Brussels Sprouts. Our tastebuds were dancing as Executive Chef Jeremiah Bryant brought out a collection of their greatest fall hits.
The Fall cocktails and refreshers (non-alcoholic) were a perfect compliment to the warm flavors of cinnamon, toasted hazelnuts, and pomegranate molasses that were incorporated into the dishes. Each cocktail and refresher is handcrafted with fresh, organic ingredients such as thai basil, pears, apples, and grapefruit.
Fall Cocktails :
- Thai Grapefruit Martini ~ thai basil, grapefruit, organic vodka
- Apple Ginger Mule ~ juiced apple, ginger honey, fig infused vodka, lime
- Autumn Orchard Sour ~ muddled pear, juiced apple, lemon zest, mulled brandy
- Ginger Margarita ~ ginger honey, lemon, elderflower liqueur, anejo tequila
- Apple Carrot Ginger Tonic
- Orange Rooibos Tea
- Honey Bee Ginger Beer
- Pressed Apple Soda
- Ginger Tulsi Tea
As each course was brought out, Chef Bryant explained the inspiration behind each dish and the flavors that enhanced it. Most dishes are vegan and gluten-free and are made with anti-inflammatory ingredients per Co-Founder Dr. Andrew Weil’s belief that “selecting and preparing simple and delicious foods helps people achieve and maintain optimal health.”
Some of our favorite dishes from the fall menu include:
- Charred Cauliflower ~ harissa tahini, medjool date, dill, mint, pistachio
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts ~ jerusalem artichoke, sultana, shallot, toasted hazelnut
- Butternut Squash Pizza ~ smoked onion, organic kale, vegan almond ricotta, dried cranberry
The finale was nothing short of sweetness when we were treated with two of their Autumn-inspired desserts – Squash Pie and Apple Goji Crisp, two fantastic desserts that had us smiling through our spoons.
True Food Kitchen is located at Fashion Island 451 Newport Center Drive (949)644-2400