Come hungry they said…. take an Uber they said……
Wise words from the Gods of Food & Wine as we embarked for The Taste LA festival over Labor Day weekend – a food and wine extravaganza featuring tastings from over a hundred LA restaurants, wines & spirits.
Feasting like kings, each booth featured hearty bite size offerings from some of the best restaurants in Los Angeles including Church & State, Herringbone, and Mr.Chow. The setting was VIP status in itself as foodies got to stroll along the backlot of Paramount Studios while sipping their whiskey cocktails from Knob Creek. In addition to food stations, guests were treated to various live cooking demonstrations from acclaimed chefs, a wine tasting room, and a posh outdoor pavilion hosted by Citibank.
Here are our Top 10 AMAZE-ing taste from Taste LA:
- Knob Creek whiskey craft cocktails were light and refreshing. We were obsessed with
the cocktails and tried each one (there were 4) – hence the Gods telling us to take an Uber. We loved the pavilion they set up featuring wood accents and two different cocktail stations with 4 mixologists – so never had to wait in line for a drink!
- Dandy Don’s ice cream sundae station had us all 5 years old again as we topped our homemade Vanilla Bean ice cream with all the classic toppings – whipped cream, hot fudge, sprinkles, and a cherry. Dandy Don himself was on hand to get everyone in the ‘I Scream You Scream’ spirit especially with this ice cream cone tie.
- Halal Guys – as if we can’t get this enough on our lunch break during the week. The guys made the cutest mini versions of their famous platters with spicy sauce. Yum!
- Ocean Vodka (we wish we were back in Hawaii right now) cocktails were made fresh and healthy using freshly pressed juiced paired with their organic vodka – so LA! We tried the carrot, apple & fennel blend – so good!
- Juicy meatballs from ‘Mar Vista’ – the new restaurant hitting the Westside city of the same name this fall – we can’t wait!
- Wine Tasting at the Secret Cellar – A room filled with a collection of red and white blends (but wherefore art thou champagne?) poured on the heavier side by wine aficionados. We liked the outdoor seating area attached that made us feel like we were in the Hamptons.
- Cheeseburger sliders from the Salty Dog gastropub featured in the Princess Cruises area. They almost looked too good to eat…almost.
- The Manhattan House bruschetta was def one of our faves. Beautifully fresh off the vine heirloom tomatoes with burrata cheese and pesto.
- Cafe Pinot’s house made Cavatelli, Pork Ragu, Baby Kale, and Burrata cheese pasta. We didn’t mind the carbs in this one! So amazing!
- Suntory Japanese whisky cocktail served in a bigger-than-a-taste glass was all sorts of refreshing on this hot weekend. The bar setup was super posh and made us believe we were at an LA hotspot – I guess that’s the magic of being on a movie set!
For information on the Taste of LA and get a heads up for next year’s event visit: The Taste LA