The 5th Annual Golden Foodie Awards was a magnificent night of exquisite food, cocktails and unforgettable moments to honor Orange County’s local culinary chefs and experts. The evening started with a red carpet arrival followed by a delicious soiree of delectable eats from OC’s finest eateries and cocktails crafter by Ketel One, Patron and Maker’s Mark.
While sampling the fare, we had the pleasure of sharing a high-top with Chef Geeta Bansal of Clay Oven and Chef Justin Miller of Pizzeria Ortica, both big winners of the night for best Indian and Italian Restaurant!
We were then ushered into the elegant ballroom of the Fairmont Newport Beach to enjoy desserts, savory snacks and libations- then it was show time! Food celebrity, Simon Majumdar, known as the Food Network’s ‘toughest critic’ served as Master of Ceremonies, leading the audience through a hilarious program to both honor and roast our Top Chefs and food enthusiast.
Other food celebrities of from the evening include: Aarti Sequiera, Food Network host and cookbook author, Penny Davidi, Celebrity Chef from Food Network’s The Next Food Network Star, Marcel Vigneron, Celebrity Chef and restaurateur was on Top Chef, Top Chef: All Stars, The Next Iron Chef walked the red carpet. Wing Lam, of Secret Millionaire on ABC and Co-Founder of Wahoo’s Fish Taco, Neil Saavedra, Host of The Fork Report with Neil Saavedra, Dexter Holland, best known as the singer, rhythm guitarist, and primary songwriter for the punk rock band, The Offspring, Television and film director and producer and regular judge on So You Think You Can Dance, Nigel Lythgoe OBE PhD and many more.
The celebration continued under the stars on decked out patio that was transformed in a Speak-Easy themed after-party that included the DCS Liquid Lounge featuring the Liquid Chef and our favorite, and probably the reason for our Monday struggle, the Patron XO Cafe Milkshake Bar! It was definitely a night to remember, and we are truly honored to be there and to have been a part of Golden Foodies Instagram takeovers to help nominate some of this year’s honorees.
Without further ado… here is the full list of the 2016 Golden Foodie Award Winners…
- BEST AMERICAN CUISINE: The Ranch Restaurant
- BEST MEXICAN FOOD: Urbana
- BEST VEGETARIAN FOOD: Provenance
- BEST PIZZA: Rance’s Chicago Pizza
- BEST ITALIAN FOOD: Pizzeria Ortica
- BEST FRENCH CUISINE: Moulin
- BEST INDIAN CUISINE: The Clay Oven
- BEST FOOD INFLUENCER: GrubTribe
- BEST BEER SELECTION: Hopscotch Tavern
- BEST BURGER: Burger Parlor
- BEST CALIFORNIAN CUISINE: Sealegs
- BEST MEDITERRANEAN CUISINE: Rosine’s Mediterranean
- BEST SEAFOOD: Waterman’s Harbor
- BEST SERVICE AWARD: Villa Roma
- BEST NEW RESTAURANT: Ironwood
- BEST DESSERT: AnQi
- BEST STEAK: Selanne Steak Tavern
- BEST ASIAN CUISINE: Starfish
- BEST SUSHI: Bluefin
- BEST WINE: The Winery Restaurant & Wine Bar
- BEST COCKTAILS: Macallans Public House
- BARTENDER OF THE YEAR: Gabe Whorley, Ironwood
- PASTRY CHEF OF THE YEAR: Chef Jorge Sotelo, Napa Rose
- CHEF OF THE YEAR: Chef Zov Karamardian, Zov’s