As if the tasty meat pies from Pie-Not were not enough to get us salivating, now they tempt us with Australian brews and vinos and hello?! bonus! – healthy salads offered exclusively at their new Pacific City Huntington Beach location. Our tastebuds were jumping up and down like Kangaroos as we dived into their new salads, savory pies, and beer/wine program. It’s a menagerie of magnificent flavors bottled up into authentic Australian cuisine.
Top 5 Things We Love About Pie-Not Pacific City:
- we hate to sound basic, but the Classic Aussie Meat Pie w/Ground Beef and Onions is so juicy, so rich in flavor, it’s like the entire meat pie just melts softly and savorily in your mouth. We thoroughly enjoyed it with the Acropolis Now Salad featuring arugula, roasted tomatoes and olives. We washed it down with a lovely Coopers Sparkling Ale which was a refreshing beer from Australia, of course. Don’t be afraid to order The Dog’s Eye meat pie if you want to be adventurous – it truly is an adventure in flavor!
- You can’t “beet” the Nothing Beets Kale salad tossed with peppers and blueberries. It is so good! We loved every
bite and we made it legit by pairing it with a Penfolds 2013 Chardonnay from South Australia. It makes for a light lunch to get over that heavy work week!
- Teriato & Chapoutier was a dream in a glass! A 2013 Shiraz/Viognier red blend wine that was perfectly paired with the Drunken Cow meat pie (chunky red wine braised sirloin with pearl onions).
- Our bellies got extremely comfortable with the Southern Comfort Pie made with Chicken and Veggies in a creamy white wine sauce. So amazing! The pie is delicately soft in the center and crispy around the edges – just how we like it! We chose the Sunflower Salad as a side which was a light salad made with butter lettuce, sprouts and Green Goddess dressing.
- Another great thing about Pie-Not is the fresh and all smiles service. The staff is so sweet and attentive and knows a lot about the Aussie pies we so adore. It’s a great place to chill out and relax with tasty food and great people making and serving it!