The Taste of the Nation is an annual event held in different cities across the U.S. to bring the best chefs together to benefit Share our Strength’s No Kid Hungry, a national anti-hunger organization. This year TOTN, held at the Montage Resort in Laguna Beach for its ninth year, was host to the tasting event featuring chefs and wineries from coast to coast.
Unique and tasty culinary creations were savored by the attendees who took part in the chef tastings, wine tastings, cocktails by Tito’s Vodka, and an impressive coffee and dessert room sprinkled with French and Italian pastries.
Iron Chef’s Mark Dacascos was the MC for the event who took part bringing the audience together, sharing Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry message.
Guests were treated to Chef Meet & Greets after the tastings and took part in a live and silent auction to raise money for NKH. Auction items included luxury vacations, celebrity chef dinners, and movie and television memorabilia.
Top 5 Things we loved about Taste of the Nation Laguna Beach:
- The venue. The Montage Resort in Laguna made for a beautiful day, sun shining, ocean views, exquisite grounds. A perfect location.
- Meeting with chefs from all over the nation, not just the OC . We loved seeing Chef Ben Ford representing Ford’s Filling Station. He’s from our old stopping ground – Los Angeles and used to be the man in the kitchen at our school-age fave lunch spot, Jackson’s Farm.
- The dessert room. Let’s just say we start our diet on Monday.
- The cause. Share our Strength relays an important message to the world. Educate nations on how to value food, eat responsibly, and for less so that no kid is ever left hungry.
- Tito’s Cocktails. Just because, we love their vodka.
Taste of the Nation events are held throughout the nation including San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York City.
Watch Highlights from Taste of the Nation on our Slideshow Video.