One thing you will notice in Lapland, Finland is that it is sky to ground snow. And although beautiful, at times it can seem quite monotonous. So why not break it up with a little adventure!
Outside the Kakslautten Arctic Resort, guests have the option of taking a 3-4 hour adventure through the snowy terrain via sleds with their very own Husky tribe. The adorable and energized huskies are trained and ready to mush you through a winter wonderland.
Guests visit a real Husky farm to get suited up in a neck to toe ski suit. My favorite part of the visit to the “suiting up” area were the adorable black and white house kittens that wanted to play with your zippers and sit on your lap while you laced up your boots.
We then had to walk about ten minutes to where the Huskies were. They were howling with excitement and ready to go when we got there. Our guide was beyond helpful and got all of our sleds lined up and dogs tied in so we could get on our way.
Top 5 favorite things about dogsledding:
- Definitely one of those once in a lifetime experiences you hope to do twice
- the dogs are so adorable and you get to play with them afterwards
- sledding through a wintered forest is breathtaking and even magical
- it’s a good workout as you are helping the dogs push up the hills
- the experience of having lunch inside a snowy teepee with other guests from around the world is the best lunch ever (even though it was reindeer soup!)
CHECK OUT THE PUPPIES IN ACTION IN THE VIDEO BELOW!