The Los Angeles Museum of Contemporary Art has evolved from the once “just a museum” hangout. It now is home to incredible works of art, entertainment, educational workshops and seminars, a relaxing courtyard with restaurants, coffee shops, and artsy boutique shops. A day spent at LACMA is a day well spent.
What We Love:
- Urban Lights installment right outside the museum entrance is as awesome a sight in person as it looks in the pics. Really a whole exhibit in itself.
- The selection of Contemporary Art from Mondrian to Warhol and the stunning sculpture works.
- The coffee shop/cafe has seasonal favorites that are unique and tasty mixed by “coffee-0logoists” with fresh ingredients.
- The museum shop on the upper level is incredible. Amazing books on art as well as gift items made specifically for LACMA
- The views of Los Angeles, the Hollywood sign, and towering palm trees from the top level is not to be missed!